Vegetable and Tofu Stir-Fry with Peanuts, Lemon and Allegro 9% Herbs & Spices Cheese
Prep time 15 min
Cooking time 4-5 min
- 5 ml (1 tbsp) of vegetable oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) of your choice of fresh vegetables (peas, bean sprouts, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), cut into thin strips or small florets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of tofu, cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of ginger, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Allegro 9% Herbs & Spices cheese, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add the vegetables and the tofu, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Add the ginger and the lemon juice. Continue cooking for 1 minute, and then add the peanuts and the Allegro 9% Herbs & Spices cheese. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue stir-frying for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 to 5 minutes
Number of portions: 4
This recipe combines the heart health benefits of soy protein and peanuts with the tasty herbs and spices of Allégro cheese. It cooks in less than 5 minutes and tastes superb the next day for lunch too!
Serve over jasmine rice garnished with coriander leaves.