Salmon steak with Allégro 9% White
- 7 ounces (200 g) Allégro 9% White
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 fresh salmon steaks
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) pesto
- 8 thin slices of pancetta or prosciutto ham, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) old-fashioned 15% cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Italian parsley, finely minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) French shallots finely minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime rind
In a large frying pan, heat oil. Cook salmon steaks over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Lay on a baking sheet. Brush each salmon steak with one quarter of the pesto. Add pancetta.
Put cream, parsley, shallots, capers and lime rind in mixer and reduce to a pulp. Brush mixture over salmon. Top with slices of Allégro 9% cheese and put under grill 4 minutes. Serve immediately. You may substitute a can of drained quartered mandarins (284ml / 10 oz).
Prep time: 5 to 8 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of portions: 4