Macaroni celebration with Allégro 9% Jalapeño
- Approximately 250 g (8½ oz) piece of Allégro 9% Jalapeño cheese, cut into 1¼ cm (1/2 in) cubes. 18 cubes per serving.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 500 g (1 lb) lean minced beef
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) beef bouillon
- 375 ml (1½ cups) tomato juice
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) dried savoury
- 450 g (3 cups) macaroni, cooked and cut
- (Optional) 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn niblets
In a pan, cook onion in olive oil. Add the minced beef and cook well. Pour in beef bouillon, tomato juice and stir well. Add the cut vegetables and spices, mixing well.
Cover and let simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Blend in pasta, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with cubes of Allégro 9% Jalapeño. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 min
Number of portions: 4