Pork Tenderloin with Allégro 9% White
- 7 ounces (200g) Allégro 9% White
- 1 can - 10 ounces (254 ml) mandarins, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almonds
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange rind
- Pepper from mill
- 16 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Triple Sec liquor
- 8 pork tenderloin, 200 g each, i.e. 1.5 kilo (3¼ lb)
- 16 slices of bacon
Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Soak apricots in Triple Sec for 30 minutes.
Put mandarins, garlic, almonds, mint, salt, and orange rind in mixer and reduce to a pulp. Cut Allegro 9% White into 16 slices. Make a deep incision over top of each tenderloin without cutting ends. Spoon 1 tbsp mandarin pulp. Add 2 slices of Allegro 9% White and 2 apricots cut into strips. Tie up. Pepper and brush again with 1 tbsp mandarin mixture.
Bard each tenderloin with 2 slices of bacon. Put all tenderloins in an oven-proof dish. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, without cover.
Serve with warm citrus marmalade.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Number of portions: 8